Women in general are fond of collecting so many girly items like jewelry. They make sure that they do not only have a design or two, they get a lot. The reason behind this is, season changes so does fashion jewelry trends does. Besides, some fashion jewelry just doesn’t fit some sort of wardrobe or occasion; that’s why you have to have at least an acceptable amount of it.
If some women are contented in having a few, some just won’t settle in those numbers. Some would have more and some would have much. Those who do have much are those who do collect them and finds jewelry to be an appreciating asset. In certain cases, it does but mostly, it does not. Given this scenario, you have to take care of them properly in order to maintain its value. Keeping your jewelry clean will certainly give it the value it deserves.
On that note, I would like to illustrate some ways or methods you could use to keep your priced jewel in-shape. Here they are:
- Use warm water in cleaning your jewelry. Do not in any way attempt to use hot water because they can ruin the color of your jewelry.
- You can clean your jewelry in a boiling water, but, make sure you only soak it for a maximum of 30 seconds. You can put in a pinch of baking soda to aid in the cleaning process.
- If you have any jewelry that has loose hinges, has cracked stones or metals, or jewelries with noble stones, have the professional fix and clean it for you. They are very fragile in this state and might want to have some precautionary measures instead.
- Please do remember that the stroke in washing or drying your jewelry should be in lengthwise movement because round motion causes scratches.
- Using bleach is another no, no for it causes the metal to be very brittle. Remember, these kinds of agents have high contents of chemicals and your jewelry does not want that.
- To keep your diamond’s brilliance, you should clean it at least once a month. Remember to take off any diamonds when doing activities that calls for the use of any oil or soap because diamonds are very sensitive to the composite of those agents.
- Pearl is another priced gem that you cannot afford to lose. Do not use detergents, cleaners, toothbrush, or rough cloth when cleaning it. They damage the pearl’s surface and could sometimes scrape them off.
- Some stones just won’t allow the use of soap in the cleaning process. These stones are emerald, jade, turquoise, opal, coral and amber. Using soap in the above mentioned gems will cause damage because they absorb soap chemicals and make the gem’s color fade or disappear.
- After you’re contented with the cleaning you did, you can dry your jewelry using a chamois cloth. Tissue or paper towels are not advisable to use in drying up your priced gem because it may leave scratches in it.
- Lastly, if you are not sure and that confident in doing this yourself, consider consulting jewelry experts so you won’t end up regretting your acts.
Jewelries are really priceless especially if you’ve established a deep connection with it or if it is something that has sentimental value. You cannot just go do the cleaning yourself specifically if you do not have the right knowledge and experience in doing so. You are actually avoiding any incidents that will damage and ruin your priced gem.
Jewelry experts are the people to go to if you’re having trouble with your gem and if you want to learn the proper way of taking care and cleaning your jewelry. Experts are always happy to give you a hand in doing so and will happily teach you how to do it correctly. If you are in need of assistance of any kind about jewelry, feel free to seek help from the knowledgeable.